FoE FNQ AGM

 

 

Sun 8 Dec 2019 2pm

Annual General Meeting Agenda

Kuranda Neighbourhood Centre

Present: Ingrid Marker, Peter Reay, Gaby Schierenbeck, Cathy Retter, Solar Moon, Stacey O'Brien, Margaret Pestorius, Sarah Isaacs plus Bob & Karen Jones ( arrived late) plus via Zoom John Pratt, Deborah Pergolletti & Rebecca Smith

Apologies:David Green & Wasana Weeraratne Green, Lisa ( Koah), Svargo Freitag.

  • Welcome to Country & general welcome by Ingrid with acknowledgement & thank you to John Glue, FoE FNQ's long- serving President.

  • Cathy Retter Guest speaker spoke about Kuranda EnviroCare's frog monitoring project. Thanked by the meeting for an inspiring presentation and congratulated on the success of the project.

  • New members & renewals- Solar Moon, Cathy Retter, Gaby Schierenbeck. Now total of 24 financial members.

  • Adoption of Minutes of 2018 AGM proposed Sarah, seconded Gaby.

  • Matters arising from 2018 AGM minutes- none

  • Annual Report

  • Financial Report- Margaret. Opening balance July 2018 $3332.81, closing balance $4219.66 at end of last financial year. Current balance $40,703.91 after John Glue's bequest. Voted unanimously to adopt the financial report.

  • Election of new committee:

  • President: Stacey nominated by Sarah, seconded by Margaret

  • Treasurer: Margaret nominated by Ingrid, seconded by Cathy. Margaret to show John Pratt how to use the database in Nationbuilder.

  • Secretary- Ingrid nominated by Sarah, seconded by John P. Sarah to support Ingrid in her work as secretary.

General meeting

Orders for merchandise:

  1. Action: Margaret to look into making FoE FNQ bumper stickers.

  2. Action: Chain Reaction ( FoE Australia magazine) to be distributed to all supporting membership ($25)- Ingrid to organise with FoE Australia

  3. Outline of Guardians of the Wet Tropics project by Margaret- a people based community project supporting best practise by people living on the borders of the Wet Tropics (the Guardians); connecting the different Guardians together and with Indigenous peoples to enhance biodiversity. Margaret explained that John had left a large sum of money to the group and expressed the wish it was used to employ someone to work on the Guardians of the Wet Tropics project.

  • 1st Motion: This meeting resolves that at least part of John Glue's bequest is used to employ someone for one to two days a week. Unanimously approved.

  • 2nd Motion ( if 1st Motion approved): This meeting appoints Margaret to form a subcommittee to steer Guardians of the Wet Tropics project- unanimously agreed. Peter Reay agreed to be on the subcommittee and to help Margaret find other members.

  • A.O.B.:Action: Ingrid to organise FoE FNQ joining Birdlife

Next meeting: Wed 22 Jan 7pm via Zoom

Meeting finished 4.30pm