Part 1. Organising CREATIVE, FOCUSSED Events, Activities and Actions: attend either or BOTH
Bridging the real life and the digital world
- Bringing in your volunteers
- Learn about focussed messaging and visuals, using creative mediums, controlling dynamics under complex circumstances, structuring organisation for movement building, and much more
- Creative messaging pitched to make CHANGE [not just to get heard]
- Understanding tactics and how they connect to your political objective. Escalating and using digital media for amplification
Sunday 13th August from 2pm till 7pm
Part 2 Roles and Skills for Making Change:
- Organising build a Movement that makea CHANGE happen
- Ways to decentralise and grow
- Processes for involving more people
- Using Twitter and Facebook to maximum effect to build volunteers and communicate with journos and the opposition
- Manufacturing Confidence and Hope
- Circles of Committment
Thursday 17th August: 9am - 3pm
At 298 Fearnley St Manunda, Call 0403214422 for more information or to book and pay with cash :)
Wednesday 16th August from 10:30 to 1:30, Kuranda Neighbourhood Centre.
This session is for emerging organisers and new volunteers who want to know more about what's ahead for them as we #stopadani, free the world from plastics, restrict developments, protect the Wet Tropics and make sure there is #nonewcoal. The Kuranda Session will also be useful for the STOP Kur-World campaign.
COST BY DONATION to cover visiting costs of facilitators:
- 'Sliding scale'. That means you choose. We ask you to pay a little something so that we know you will value the workshop, and attend on the day: as a wee deposit for commitment!
- NOBODY SHOULD NOT COME BECAUSE OF MONEY!
- We suggest between $25 and $100 for each day.
- In the professional sphere a workshop like this might be worth $400-$600 :)
- But for you the price is subsidised by Friends of the Earth
- Please contribute what you can AND consider updating, renewing or taking MEMBERSHIP of one of the supporting local organisations, CAFNEC and Friends of the Earth FNQ. Memberships keep us afloat!
BRING FOOD TO SHARE FOR MEALTIMES :)